Fedon's Camp in the back ground of this pics.
Remains of the Belvidere settlement of Julien Fedon.
These foundation Pillars were part of the "Camp Libetre" which at any one time was a strong hold and settlement of over 7,000 people.
It is not certain whether the remains of this site dates back to the period of the French Colonization or the events surrounding the Fedon's Rebellion of 1795-6.
However, records show that this structure used to be a two story building owned by the Duncan firm after the revolt. Today, this portion of the building is used as a store-house.